electrictrickery

Honda, Audi, Duratec engined variants
Muu

Re: electrictrickery

Post by Muu » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:28 pm

also rewired the connector on the bottom right, immob one, to a decent connector and fed the starter and fuel pump circuits still via it.

Should be a whole load cleaner once done.

The Cable Guy

Post by The Cable Guy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 am

look good muu.

WIll be doing something simliar on mine, but no plate at the rear, and move everything onto the inside of the firewall.

Muu

Post by Muu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:42 am

The Cable Guy wrote:look good muu.

WIll be doing something simliar on mine, but no plate at the rear, and move everything onto the inside of the firewall.
Yeah I was really trying to get the packaging to work nicely without having to rip too much apart (ha!). Also mines been somewhat of an evolution

A truely pukka job from scratch you'd rip the whole loom out (removing the fuel tank etc), put a PDU in place to run the whole sha-bang like a PDM30, ditch the control box behind the clocks, use the GPIO on a CAN enabled dash to pickup the stalks, soft pad button CAN panel to one side, all sensors into a proper daddy spec ECU. You'd be in 4 figures just in DR-25 :lol:

The Cable Guy

Post by The Cable Guy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:29 am

Muu wrote:
The Cable Guy wrote:look good muu.

Yeah I was really trying to get the packaging to work nicely without having to rip too much apart (ha!). Also mines been somewhat of an evolution

A truely pukka job from scratch you'd rip the whole loom out (removing the fuel tank etc), put a PDU in place to run the whole sha-bang like a PDM30, ditch the control box behind the clocks, use the GPIO on a CAN enabled dash to pickup the stalks, soft pad button CAN panel to one side, all sensors into a proper daddy spec ECU. You'd be in 4 figures just in DR-25 :lol:

Yeah looks really nice.

Don't know who would go to the extreme of all of that :oops: :o

Well I proably won't run a membrain panel, but the grey hill ones we use at work are pretty good value. Mines a mix of Dr on external and nomex/hft 5000 on the cabin. Gone a little over board with the
Additional sensors for further proofing running in spares for suspension pots, pressures and wheel speeds for traction control and launch. Also done away with the cable with DBW. So I can run throttle blips on up and down shifts with a clutch pressure sensor

Muu

Post by Muu » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:18 pm

yeah I put a DTM between the loom at the TB, so I can reconfigure it for DBW

Muu

Post by Muu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:44 pm

right some progress (I'm giving up on merging my threads):

Replaced a joint on my lower front torque steady, rose joint (M12) at one end and poly bushing in the chassis side:

So time to get stuck into sorting the chassis side out:

In place:

Engine loom taking shape:

Merging them is not fun but getting there, MIL plug is next:

While I'm at it putting a remote oil pressure sensor in:

gearbox cooler too, as there were signs of heat related damage, here is the pump:

Iveco rad switch to control said pump

pump is quite cool inside:

Muu

Post by Muu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:49 pm

spending a fortune on the loom, connectors etc you expect but the wrap adds up too

Bought some RT125 epoxy to seal the boot to the MIL, £40 on a 50ml tube later

did order this though:

JDS

Post by JDS » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Have a chat with Think, but I seem to remember that the gearbox pump needs to be lower than the oil level.

Muu

Post by Muu » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 am

Cheers John, will double check that!

Description online does say "The pump is self priming and can be mounted up to 1.5m above the fluid level."

It'd be a pig to locate low down.

Benja

Post by Benja » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:00 am

Top effort Tim. What was the catalyst for all this, you threaded a bolt or summat? That kicked off making a complete custom loom, gearbox oil-cooler, more bling, trick diff etc etc. Top marks :cool: good luck over the next few days getting it back together eh!