Collecting cars S1 Exige

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
s-express

I'm surprised it reached that figure. Looked pretty uncared for if (no offence to prev owner!) and the respray looked more like a quick blow-by without bothering to mask off grilles, spolier uprights etc.
And the coolant level was low, probably just a leak but demonstrates a lack of care & maintenance to me. I expected it to go for £34k all in to be honest....

Maybe it demonstrates that S1 values are on the up in order to maintain a decent diff from S1 elise values?
Also, does it demonstrate that buyers are not bothered about lack of originality (when it comes to engine swaps?).
S1 Exige 036 Audi powered
ade

s-express wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 pm I'm surprised it reached that figure. Looked pretty uncared for if (no offence to prev owner!) and the respray looked more like a quick blow-by without bothering to mask off grilles, spolier uprights etc.
And the coolant level was low, probably just a leak but demonstrates a lack of care & maintenance to me. I expected it to go for £34k all in to be honest....

Maybe it demonstrates that S1 values are on the up in order to maintain a decent diff from S1 elise values?
Also, does it demonstrate that buyers are not bothered about lack of originality (when it comes to engine swaps?).
I was going to take a punt on it, but it went over my budget sadly.