Nitron Springs - how long should they last?

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
Fonzey

Not sure if they ever did change their minds really, there was always an offer on the table for a discounted rate on replacement springs - and my cost to refurb I imagine was considerably less than the margin they were forfeiting on the replacement offer.

I do sympathise, the paint finish on a suspension spring has a pretty harsh existence - I guess they couldn't afford to set a precedent whereby anyone with a spec of rust on their springs could claim on warranty. They had to assume I'd been abusing the springs somewhat, because nobody else had reported this degree of wear/tear. I've since come into contact with a few people who have suffered similar wear over a similar period of time, and they also bought their suspension at a similar time to me... they just weren't bothered enough to talk to Nitron about it.

If this level of wear had built up over 3-4 years I'd have not made a peep. I think with the best practise in the world a powdercoat finish on a coil spring is not going to last forever... but for the few months I had driven the car, I still maintain my opinion that my springs were not prepped or finished correctly.