My new Lotus was a fail

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
Fonzey

https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=476193

Looks like the new owner has posted up on SELOC, sounds like he's open to any info that people have so he may appreciate the pictures there.

The guy who originally got stung by it on SELOC sold it on as "spares/repairs" and was fully transparent about the history. Either it's been re-repaired since then (sounds not based on your appraisal) or someone has just kept it long enough for the noise to die down, then has snuck it back onto the market again as a full car. Shame
ade

here they are

What I didn't take a picture of was the section that had been crudely cut out of the rear firewall in front of the tank and then pop riveted back in with a little seam sealer.
lotuslee

What a great project, you could build an almost new car with a new chassis and put whatever engine you wanted for that money.
I would love to do something like that
ade

The big issue is trying to find a chassis, sadly
The Cable Guy

surely thats an instant MOT/Insurance fail, i.e strutural damage within 20-30cm of a saftey mounting point or whatever it is on an MOT

is that the side sill pulled away from the rear sheer panel ?
ade

The Cable Guy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:52 pm surely thats an instant MOT/Insurance fail, i.e strutural damage within 20-30cm of a saftey mounting point or whatever it is on an MOT

is that the side sill pulled away from the rear sheer panel ?
My suspicion would be yes, but I doubt an MOT tester would be able to spot it.

Yes I think it was where they tried to porta power the tub straight again and then basically destroyed it, this should only ever have gone to be stripped in my opinion