Exgie S1 brought back to life

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
SimonE
Reactions:

Great thread - car looking great :thumbup:
Greenbusa1
Reactions:

So first run out in the exige after the restoration.
Loving it. Stopped for a couple of pics ImageImage
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

That looks smashing! :)
thommo
Reactions:

Brilliant! That looks fantastic. Keep posting, would love to hear more.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Fantastic - congrats on such a great rebuild.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Oh a question if ok. I’ve been thinking about a colour change. Something that’s put me off is refitting the headlight covers as have heard horror stories and seen some over the years with wonky sealant or constant condensation and even a couple of cars with screws holding them back down ! Was it ok?
Greenbusa1
Reactions:

I just used the eliseparts seal that's on a roll its sticks really well with no mess and you cant see the sealant when on
trackrod
Reactions:

Your car looks fantastic :clap:
gonein60seconds wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 pm Oh a question if ok. I’ve been thinking about a colour change. Something that’s put me off is refitting the headlight covers as have heard horror stories and seen some over the years with wonky sealant or constant condensation and even a couple of cars with screws holding them back down ! Was it ok?
I initially fixed mine using butyl sticky tape just like Greenbusa did it. They hold and seal the cover well so no problems there.
But there is a draw back of this method as it is very difficult to remove the covers for what ever reason without damaging the paint work or the cover.
As I like the idea of removing the covers easily if necessary (cleaning, etc.) I opted for the 'screw' method this time. I used tiny M3 countersunk black stainless hexagon bolts which are screwed into M3 riv nuts. Once the car is back from the paint shop I'll post a picture of the finished cover.

Lankan
Reactions:

Looks fabulous. :thumbup:
2010 Exige S RGB #138
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

trackrod wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm Your car looks fantastic :clap:
gonein60seconds wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 pm Oh a question if ok. I’ve been thinking about a colour change. Something that’s put me off is refitting the headlight covers as have heard horror stories and seen some over the years with wonky sealant or constant condensation and even a couple of cars with screws holding them back down ! Was it ok?
I initially fixed mine using butyl sticky tape just like Greenbusa did it. They hold and seal the cover well so no problems there.
But there is a draw back of this method as it is very difficult to remove the covers for what ever reason without damaging the paint work or the cover.
As I like the idea of removing the covers easily if necessary (cleaning, etc.) I opted for the 'screw' method this time. I used tiny M3 countersunk black stainless hexagon bolts which are screwed into M3 riv nuts. Once the car is back from the paint shop I'll post a picture of the finished cover.

Sorry for slow reply. But thanks mate for the pictures and detail appreciate it.