Hello!

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.
andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Hello!

Post by andybond » Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Hello all,

I am assuming most of you have now read David ( admin5 ) post ? If not take a look over here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20858

I have been given the keys to the exiges.com forum and am staring to make some subtle changes to the way things are done around here.

As to not alienate the user base and existing groups I'd love to get some input from you guys on what you want. If anything!

So far I have :

Gotten us onto the latest phpBB forum software ( the thing that makes these posts possible )
Updated us to the latest version of php that this sofware supports and migrated onto nginx from apache ( the thing that makes posting the posts possible )
Changed us to use SSL ( security first - but largely as Google ranks https sites higher than non https sites )
Added in a single new section for ( cue sharp intakes of breathe ) NON LOTUS chat. After a chat with Mr Anonymous I realised that a lot of the chaps around here have moved on from exiges and are now in the caterhams / whatever so it would be great to get some content from those guys. We all love cars right?

Thats all I have done for now. What would you like to see?

Over to you...

winthattt
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Sunny Derbyshire
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hello!

Post by winthattt » Sun May 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Thank you for supporting this useful site, I find Exiges a good resource with some very knowledgeable people. Making it less painful to post images would be nice. Maybe it is these days but it used to be a but consuming.

andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Hello!

Post by andybond » Sun May 19, 2019 4:32 pm

winthattt wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:28 pm
Thank you for supporting this useful site, I find Exiges a good resource with some very knowledgeable people. Making it less painful to post images would be nice. Maybe it is these days but it used to be a but consuming.
Just so there is no ambiguity - what are you finding troublesome?

User avatar
evo_ufo
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Ipswich
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Hello!

Post by evo_ufo » Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi Andy, thanks for taking this on. Nice to see the section for non lotus. Would be great to see some of those that have moved on back a bit more frequently, and for those of us still in lotuses to share more frequently. For some reason, we've never really been able to attract as many S3 folks.

I agree with the comments regarding inserting images.
It used not to be allowed and hence you had to use photobucket or equivalent and then post the URL which was a royal pain.
We can now add attachments and link them inline, but it's not intuitive. Best would be to have a button to insert image, that then allowed you to select something from your machine, and it uploaded it automatically.

Cheers
Will

andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Hello!

Post by andybond » Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm

evo_ufo wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm
Hi Andy, thanks for taking this on. Nice to see the section for non lotus. Would be great to see some of those that have moved on back a bit more frequently, and for those of us still in lotuses to share more frequently. For some reason, we've never really been able to attract as many S3 folks.

I agree with the comments regarding inserting images.
It used not to be allowed and hence you had to use photobucket or equivalent and then post the URL which was a royal pain.
We can now add attachments and link them inline, but it's not intuitive. Best would be to have a button to insert image, that then allowed you to select something from your machine, and it uploaded it automatically.

Cheers
Will
Read and understood Will! Leave it with me for a bit. We are fairly tight on space at the minute so Ill find a halfway house and then expand out our space at a later date.

User avatar
Rob999
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: Norfolk
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hello!

Post by Rob999 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Is there a mobile version of the site Andy? I couldn’t see a tab for it on my previous look...
#195

andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Hello!

Post by andybond » Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Rob999 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm
Is there a mobile version of the site Andy? I couldn’t see a tab for it on my previous look...
Not per se, however it does render well on mobile devices.

andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Hello!

Post by andybond » Sun May 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Image

I use the site on my phone when heading to clients sites . I don’t notice any degradation.

andybond
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Hello!

Post by andybond » Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Any more for any more?

User avatar
Rob999
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: Norfolk
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hello!

Post by Rob999 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 pm

No worries; thank you 👍
#195

Post Reply