Best Exige Moment

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
SimonE

Best Exige Moment

Post by SimonE » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:31 pm

We have sooo many good moments over the years - what are your best memories? - apart from meeting the best folk on the planet :D

My best are

Exiges at Spa - Russ and Evosal step forward :

Exiges trackdays - step up to the plate Pesky and Ben :

But best thing is the mates I have made over the years with great likeminded owners

jonnyfox

Re: Best Exige Moment

Post by jonnyfox » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Many Spa trips with many folk from here.

Full private day at the N'burg another.

The Ferrets.

Man U vs Villa with Pesky (3-1 :roll: )

Kielder Forest with Gav in his Sport 160. Driving it I caught air. Lol I shit myself but Gav shouted "go Jonny". Typical :lol:

Exige days.

Many wonderfully generous, friendly, helpful and honest people have made an ordinary day away from the forum a great one. And TBH on it.

Worst moment. Con's funneral. What a great guy. Missed.

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 am

Can only second Simon & Jonny's sentiments!

I would like to add that Martin & Steve ("Woolley Hat") Edwards have contributed a massive amount to the whole experience of "exigeness" for so many members past & present.

I must also mention the never to be forgotten Major Mike Stripe, who had Lotus blood flowing through every vein in his body. I truly consider Mike to have been that rare beast of being a true/straight as a die gentleman, a brilliant & humorous raconteur, an expert European event tour organiser, & of course a great friend to so many of us.

Mr Admin (David Brown) deserves a special mention & big thanks for creating, & maintaining, this great forum which has & continues to bring so many like minded peeps together.

Finally, my sincere thanks to all the special friends (you know who you are!) I've made simply as a result of being an early owner of the fabulous Lotus Exige.

andybond

Post by andybond » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:38 pm

I haven’t been around long enough really to have too many memories , but thanks very much for all your assistance and pointers so far chaps.

Hope to meet with you all in 2019

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Bit of a love and hate thing for me with the S1 Exige, a bit like they say about owning a boat......

Your best day ever is the day you buy it, and the second best day is when you sell it :lolno:

:mrgreen:

Post by 6970K » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Buying 3 x Exige S1 over 15 years

jabbs

Post by jabbs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Too many to pinpoint one,
Seeing it unveiled at motorshow in 2000
collecting my dad's from Ribble Valley
purchasing my own in 2008 selling it 2 years later to Keith..
buying the next one in 2012 and getting it shipped off to the Edwards boys to work their magic and then onto Impact.
Pesky and Russ taking me around Oulton and Anglesey
Northern boys convoy to The Bull
Exiges.com trackday
the list goes on...
Great memories.

thommo

Post by thommo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Great stuff, Jabbs.
Turning point for me, as you know, was seeing your dad’s at that Norlog meet.
The hours I spent agonising over buying one/not buying one while propping up the bar at my local with son James. Then being told by Mrs T as I gazed at exiges.com on the computer: “Oh, for goodness sake, just buy one”
Then, all the fun, trips to NYLOC with Pesky and Russ. Drives over the hills to the meets in Yorkshire that still give me a thrill.
Getting out on track for the first time, finally going fast enough to melt rubber, the streaks of rubber left on the car after a track day. The nights in The Bull, the curries, Mark PH’s generosity in letting me try his car at Anglesey as I ummd and aaahd over the suspension upgrade.
The Nyloc Euro tours - I drove all the way to Corsica for god’s sake -
The list is endless. 12 years of pure unadulterated fun with some of the best mates I’ve ever had. Long may it continue.

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:07 am

Great post Thommo.

Yeah, all the times about the annual track day at Anglesey, sometimes the best part being the trip there and the night out. Steve B and MarkPH putting faith in me to allow a few laps driving their cars round Anglesey. Fantastic memories :arrow: :thumbup:

Also going round old Anglesey with Matt Becker at the wheel (a dealer day). Pesky giving me a ride around Oulton. Gav Kershaw showing the way around Donny and how we laughed when I lifted off in craner's at around 100mph and I saved it :shock:

And the many great people I have become friends with along the way, some of whom have been spectacular with me over the last couple of years. God bless 'em, and this place.

thommo

Post by thommo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Well said, Tim