Wheels for sale

Set of Lotus Motorsport wheels 16 &17" with reasonable A039’s for sale, best offer. [email protected]

Bit of added detail there were lots of questions. They are the same overall size as Exige rims but with a 3mm different offset so you can fit Motorsport calipers and they slip on/ off more easily for wheel changing. They have white decals on the edges saying Lotus Motorsport, but these could be whipped off I guess. The only place I have seen that has them on the web is the Thielert site under Motorsport then Performance. Mine have LTS A039’s on with 7k of Elise Wear, ie probably less than your Exiges.

How much are you looking to get for the wheels alone? I’ve no use for the tires, as I can’t drive my Exige on the road here in California, and have a new set of 039’s already that are gathering dust. My car is currently powered by a 220HP Honda K20A engine with 6 speed LSD trans, and slicks seem the obvious choice in rubber. I simply need spare wheels to maximise my track testing time. E-mail: [email protected] out; www.prototyperacing.com and you’ll see that I’m just trying to make this beautiful little car a bit better than Lotus could on their limited budget.

JoeInteresting website [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] Please keep us posted as to your progress with developments.Good luck with the wheels.

Thanks, Pesky.We’ll be updating the website in a couple of weeks with some new info.Joe

William,Did you use those wheels on an Elise Mk1? I have one and i bought Exige wheels for it. I have once already tried to fit Exige wheels fitted with the Yoko’s (195/50/16 and 225/45/17) on my Elise, but the tires rubbed against the clamshells. Didn’t you have this problem then? I’m considering getting different tyres than the Yoko’s, because apparently the Yoko’s are wider than the size suggests. But if you know a way to fit the Yoko’s without them rubbing the clamshells i might be interested in the tyres!PJ

Hi William,Could you please drop me a line, as I wouldn’t mind popping over, on my way home, to measure the tread depth.Cheers, Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image][This message has been edited by IDG (edited 15 July 2002).]

William You sold them yet? Email if not as might be interested.TxGuy

Sold pending exchange. (PJ www.Brooke-Kensington.co.uk cars have track/ demo car(s) with these wheels.