Very Angry

Just a note of caution , get the insurers to underwrite the drivetrain for a year or so if possible…
I had a Lotus repaired decades ago that suffered wheel damage amongst other things , and , as soon as I got it back the drivetrain failed !
I put it down to the impact but the insurers wouldn’t repair it…

Sound advice - thanks :slight_smile:

The police have just called me - they have a DNA match on items recovered from the car and as suspected they are local serial burglars/ car thieves - hope the CPS agree there is a case.

I will be attending court should they decide to prosecute :wink:

[quote=“SimonE”]

I will be attending court should they decide to prosecute :wink:[/quote]

Your car doesn’t have the nickname “Speckled Jim” by any chance? :lol:

Blackadder is Court-martialed | Blackadder Goes Forth | BBC Comedy Greats - YouTube

[quote=“tim_marra”][quote=“SimonE”]

I will be attending court should they decide to prosecute :wink:[/quote]

Your car doesn’t have the nickname “Speckled Jim” by any chance? :lol:

Blackadder is Court-martialed | Blackadder Goes Forth | BBC Comedy Greats - YouTube[/quote]

You get my drift Tim :clap:

rockwood doors I’d recommend on your home. Pretty much impenetrable even for Police. Get decent locks that have unsnappable barrels. Lockable retractable bollard in your driveway. Removable steering wheel.

Then sleep with your car keys and steering wheel umber your pillow.

Joking aside, these people are vermin and require their fingers removing.

A noisy dog is the best deterrent.

Does anyone make a system that ‘wires’ a car direct into the 240V mains… so if any half life ameba tries to open a door etc, they receive an appropriate response… :exclamation:

MagnaVolt Commercial - Lethal Response - YouTube

:clap:

I will order 2 please!

My biggest fear . having new rock doors put me at ease a little.

Friend of ours in Ashbourne had it happen to them , woke to hear his 4 day old rs4 and wife’s tts fire up on the drive. He chased then down the road to see them turn right to Manchester. phones the police who then found his rs4 30 miles away 60ft off the road side on into a oak tree… police took his dash cam footage who showed it left the road and hit the tree at 130mph killing both inside… the tts was never recovered.

I really hope they make a good job repairing it and the cps put the case forward. I cant help buy think the sentences they hand out nowadays means there is no real deterrent.

The gang that stole my car laughed at the Judge during sentencing. They are proper scum and career criminals Kieran. Inside or out they just don’t care.

Absolutely disgusting that Jonn. Did the judge bang anymore on for lack of respect and remorse?

They don’t care about what it leaves behind with a house you don’t feel safe in and not wanting to have anything nice just incase you become a target again.

+1 for getting decent and durable “bollards for safety”! It’s an investment so your car would last longer!

I have retractable bollards now, along with a comprehensive alarm system.

Are they the Chinese ones you massage away before a big fight?

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

:open_mouth: :laughing: