Understeer

Meat,

some quick tips would be:

(specially without fellow Exigers to compare and bull$hit on the pit lane)
-get a pyrometer
-use whichever pressures mentioned here that fit your case better
-go for a 15-20 min session or whenever tyres start to change the way the behave.
-come to pit and first thing you do is measure the temps on three points on all tyres (outside, middle and inside thread). Measure pressures too. All this before they start cooling.

Interpret:
Tyre temps should be ideally even across outside, middle and inside.
-if the middle temp is higher, the tyre is overinflated, if lower, tyre is underinflated
-if inside edge temp higher, you have too much camber, or could be faster through the turns, if outside higher, you could need more camber (never go slower )

This way you’ll see that you’ll get pressures very close to the ones we are recommending.

Wear patterns also help you identify situations, if you’re confused with temps and pressures, like feathered edges on the front could tell you of a definitive camber/pressure problem straight away. Feathered and even wear all across could tell you the pressures are ok, but the tyre compound is wrong for that circuit.

The way they go off as well. Yokohamas can go for hours without letting go, if you set them up for running hot (lower pressures). If you needed to do a quick hill climb race you’d use higher pressures, that would be otherwise useless on a circuit.

And there are still limits. One thing I like about the Yoko )48’s is their ability to be balanced on the throttle.

I don’t suffer from any understeer ot oversteer. Not due to the tyre’s fault. If anything it’s my fault, because I pressed the right pedal wrong.
But the quick solution is: understeering, needs a quick lift off and gas again. Effect: car stops understeering, passes through even drift and then oversteers slightly and corrects.
Oversteer: I try to correct as soon as there is any hint (almost before it happens) and keep the pedal even or slightly backed off. Point to the place you want to exit.

And so on.
First step: get a good pyrometer and calibrated pressure gauge.

/2p