Squeezing the K-Series

How about taking the roof panel off & pretending you’re the first with an S2?

Jose

The exige is perfectly useable everyday… like I use mine.

It doesn’t like traffic queues tho and won’t bimble along at idle revs like most other cars, but if you keep it moving along it is tractable and useable for everyday.

Hey Rox, it will bimble with Jenvey throttle bodies, bit lumpy at 500 revs tickover but sweet as a nut at 900

Hey Rox, it will bimble with Jenvey throttle bodies, bit lumpy at 500 revs tickover but sweet as a nut at 900

LOL… my lawnmower struggles at 500 revs… lots more to do before I think about Jenveys… Phil, apart from this, what are the list of advantages of Jenveys over standard DTHTB?.. do you need Emerald before Jenvey?

Not a great deal really, the beauty of Jenveys is the position of the butterflies are closer to the inlet valves which aids throttle response in the lower and mid range, top end will remain the same, if the K reved to 10K rpm then the Titan bodies would have the advantage due to the butterfly position being further back which aids the air/fuel mixing at high revs.

Yes you do need a Emerald or other programmable ECU, the fuel mapping at lower speeds on the Emerald needs almost a third more fueling than the Titans to maintain the 14:1 mix.

cheers Phil

I guess the extra low/mid oompf comes from having more fuel at these revs?

No, the opposite, the jenveys seem to be sucking in more air hence the need for more fuel which leads to better cylinder filling at the lower/mid end of the rev range.

Its late for me Rox, goodnight