Serious Top Speed for an S1?

Interesting, I assume there’s more downforce too?

Ian

More weight

I don’t know if “dynamic” foils/wings are allowed.

A decent electrical step-motor and steering costs about �200. give me some time (like a few months off work) and eperiencing and I am sure I can make a nice Carbon-Fibre / plywood rear-wing that adds little weight but is fully controlable from inside the car. The same can be done with the diffuser (acutally slightly easier imho). Add controllable suspension and you’ve got a car that 'll give you enough clearance for road-trips (even speed-bumps), allows you to trim your diffuser and rear-wing for track-work or for high-speed.

And if you really want the ultimate, I am sure you can all interface it with a PDA that has a GPS-module. That would allow you to record you preferred settings for every track and “replay” these settings during track-work. low wing-angle on the straight, and high-wing angle for turn-in and when apex in sight decrease again to allow for optimal accelaration and reduced drag.

I am sure when a few of the guys here would combine knowledge, budget and time, you can make this a perfect system for serious track-work.

The only issue with all of this (apart from budget) : You gey the impression that it is the technology that allows you to set faster lap-times, not your skill…

And skill is what driving Exiges hard is all about, so I might be barking up the wrong tree here …

nice style Shamikaze…

The only issue with all of this (apart from budget) : You gey the impression that it is the technology that allows you to set faster lap-times, not your skill…

And skill is what driving Exiges hard is all about, so I might be barking up the wrong tree here …

I would say the Elise/Exige, especially the early ones are all about to keep it simple.
So, althought the technology is nice, I would say it would be out of place.

But variable intake trumpet length wouldn’t

You need one of these then:
[image]http://www.fanfare-kehlen.lu/images/instruments/trombone.gif[/image]

I think what frightens me more is having to rely on electronics heading into a 100 mph sweeper. Technology is wonderful and having adaptive aerodynamics would be great, but i only have to look at my home theatre setup controlled by all sorts of settings and a fancy touch screen remote and i don’t think i want to be relying on windows based software to get me through the next corner.Especially since every now and then it all freezes up or we have an extended power outage and it all needs to be reset.Having the wrong crossover setting on my centre channel i can deal with, the wrong aerodynamic balance at corner entry, i am not so sure.

My car is limited to 225 km/h by gearing and i have comfortably seen close to that with the adjustable rear wing set to it’s lowest setting as i have it at the moment. Will do a few runs when i have my roof back as the data logger will give accurate speeds. The downforce created by the wing is large though as while i was waitng for the m/s front spoiler to be painted i set the wing to maximum and took it out for a run, you can actually feel the steering starting to get lighter other side 100mph, maybe i should have pushed on it might have plained like a boat does and settled down quite nicely, then again it might not have

You need one of these then:
[image]> http://www.fanfare-kehlen.lu/images/instruments/trombone.gif> [/image]

PMSL
and a bigger boot… maybe have to get rid of the spare tyre ??