RST V8

And IIRC Yamaha have always doen the performance heads for toyota engines… TBH they probably done the heads for the 22Z-GE.

Have you been out in an Exige with Honda SC or an Audi & experienced the outright straightline acceleration & speed to 170mph? I suspect not, but can understand it if you haven’t, cos there ain’t that many about yet [/quote]

Roll on Croft

Yep, Proton acquired MV Agusta
Awesome motorcycle, here�s the 2004 model specs
� engine: 1L (998cc) 4 cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve, DOHC; 76 x 55mm; compression 12:1
� power: 122kW (166 BHP) @ 11750rpm
� torque 109Nm (11.1Kgm) @ 10200rpm
� Bike Dry weight 192kg
Now stick two of them together in the back of the Exige

…but an Elise/Exige that offered something approaching supercar performance in a lightweight package would be nice.

It’s already available, for a lot less than the RST/Radical options

Yep, the Honda and Audi-powered Exiges look absolutely great and I’m sure they can fly by machines costing several times as much, but, really, it depends upon how you define “supercar”. A large part of, say, an Enzo’s performance is ultimately theoretical, but it’s still good for it to be there. (See my earlier point about fast cars being an irrational interest.) That said, there’s still a lot more power that the Elise could handle and use effectively over and above the 200bhp of your car (this is in no way intended as a slight BTW) – it would just be nice to see an Elise go out on a track, with longish straight sections, and give an Enzo a run for its money, and I think that one of these bike-engined V8s could be one of the ways this could be achieved. (But whichever route you take a large chunk of money will be involved . . . but everything is relative and we’d not be talking Enzo money.)

Which brings up back to my earlier question: how useable would this kind of engine be on public roads?

How usable is a standard Exige on public roads ?

If you mean get from A to B then fine, if you mean quickly and safely I would suggest something like an RS4 etc is more “usable” on a public road, in the wet etc etc

however, part of me would like to see an extreme, road-going version of the Elise/Exige nonetheless. It may be a handful (although I’m not entirely convinced that it need per se be that much of a handful) and it may take a lot of money to achieve, but I’d still like to see someone slot a Radical V8 in there.

You need to speak to Mr “I’m back” Brown…

The Exige is fine on public roads, so is a RS4 which i have owned although the mrs didnt like driving it when it was modified to around 500bhp.
I will be at croft and my Exige is now finished since last wednesday when i took it back to MSC for the re-map and boost upgrade, its now 300-310bhp and round a circuit would give an enzo a good run for its money( I think) still anyone wanting a ride, you are more than welcome at croft.

Quo, you need to put together a schedule for pax laps at Croft mate , you won’t get a chance to put in a single lap on yer own. As soon as you come in, there is going to be a disorderly queue waiting to hop in.

As I came up with the whole schedule thing, I bag first slot

NP Benja, are you heading there on wednesday and staying overnight, i think there may be a few of us heading from kingston way so a little convoy may be in order, thats if i dont do anyting stupid at the nurburgring this weekend, my 1st time there. Any tips anyone?

Public day or closed ? - I’m sure you know about the bikes and buses on public days …

Obvious but really true = you never learn all the bends in a day or so …

I had three days tuition there and they broke it up into 12 sections, so we learnt a section at a time … so first section was from Hatzenbach to Flugplatz as an example …

That worked well so on a full lap you could try a bit harder on that section and then learn another being careful on the rest, eventually it falls into place.
Thats when it can get dangerous (for me it did anyhow) as you think you know it and also you loose yourself - the worst part for me was Wippermann about half way round … completely forgot how it went every damn time … also comments like “it looks the same but its not” are very true …

But its a fantastic place, just be sensible and be observant about surface changes etc -

Oh yeah the Karussell wore my RH wheel arch liners through to the oil cooler pipes as well

also comments like “it looks the same but its not” are very true …

Honestly couldn’t agree more! But my XBox warrior did help a fair bit actually

But an awesome place, I’m definately going again!!!

Quo, I’d love to experience your car too.

If you don’t have a Xbox, have you got a Playstation? GT4 has a very good simulation and with the new 900o Logitech wheel (not yet purchased) should feel even more like actually driving there. Have fun and be safe!

Ian

NP Benja, are you heading there on wednesday and staying overnight

Yup, there was a convoy thread a little while ago in ‘events’ I will liven it up again.

Think the general consensus was to meet 2pm for a 2.30pm kick off from the M1 NEWPORT PAGNELL SERVICE AREA…

Others suggested they may join up stream…

Mark