Review of Noble

quote:Originally posted by Admin5:Eh ? Cheapo interior of the Noble?? How long ago was that ?The interior of the show car at the Autosport show was lurvely in my opinion.The difference between the interiors of the Exige and the Noble for me is that the Exige is well styled, but made in mostly cheaper materials to keep the cost down. (You have to remember it’s based on a 20 grand car). Lee Noble is a talented engineer, but he’s no designer. He’s used nice, expensive materials badly. What I meant by ‘cheapo’ is that Noble obviously couldn’t afford a proper designer to do the car justice. I’ve spent a fair bit of money sprucing up the interior of my Exige, replacing some of the cheaper looking plastics with aluminium and carbon fibre, and trimming some parts alcantara. The end result IMHO is massively better than the mess that is the inside of the Noble. The fact is that you can’t make that kind of transformation in the Noble without redesigning it entirely.

quote:Originally posted by Brendan: I’ve spent a fair bit of money sprucing up the interior of my Exige, replacing some of the cheaper looking plastics with aluminium and carbon fibre, and trimming some parts alcantara. B]Please can we have some pics/threads detailing what you have done, how much and from where…

Hi Steve,I’ll see what I can do. I don’t have a digital camera, and I haven’t actually seen my car for a month now [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] But I can at least put together a list and add it to my details in the owner’s cars page.

Steve,I have put some (bloody loads more like [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image])details on the Owner’s cars page. I’ll try to organize some piccys when I can. If you have any questions, feel free.

Brendan - congratulations…on the longest posting in the section!You really must get the pics up soon, especially curious to see how the 340R handbrake looks; how is the car running on the softest ARB setting…there was lots of talk about this some while ago, but I don’t remember that anyone actually did anything!; whats the significance of removing the roll-over valve - I thought this just cut the fuel pump; and are you on standard brake pads?

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:Brendan - congratulations…on the longest posting in the section!You really must get the pics up soon, especially curious to see how the 340R handbrake looks; how is the car running on the softest ARB setting…there was lots of talk about this some while ago, but I don’t remember that anyone actually did anything!; whats the significance of removing the roll-over valve - I thought this just cut the fuel pump; and are you on standard brake pads?Thanks for showing some interest, it took bloody ages to write all that !I’m still working on the photos.The handbrake definately looks the part IMHO.I’ve only just had the ARB done, and I haven’t got the car back yet, so I can’t comment. I have been running the car for the past 6 months(ish) on the intermediate softer setting. I couldn’t feel any obvious difference, but I haven’t experienced any understeer on the road since, so maybe it’s helped a bit. It was still understeering a bit much on the track, so that’s why I’m trying the softest setting. I’ll let you know.As for removing the roll-over valve, I believe it is suggested by Lotus for track use. I think the reasoning is that this allows the fuel tank to breathe properly. Imagine trying to suck a liquid out of a sealed container, the pressure inside drops, and it gets harder to suck any out.Yep, I’m on the standard pads. I haven’t done any track days yet, so I haven’t had any problems with these pads. The braided hoses and removing the anti-squeal shims has improved the pedal feel greatly. I’ll probably try the motorsport pads when this set wears out.

I have read all the postings with regard to this another fine BRITISH sports car, & I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I had my name down for a Noble after much acclaimed press reports & desperate for more power as I was driving a 160 sport at that time. My first acctual encounter of the Noble was at Donnington with Nick Whale when as state else where on this board 1 of the 2 cars was sick, this is not good when you have potential customers stood watching smoke poor out! However I did get to drive the blue car around along with Lotus’s own exige ( standard ).I found the Noble to have a poor gear change especially going from 3rd to 2nd, this was also shown when driven by the noble guy. I was not impressed !!!On the way home talking with the wife we decided that �53k for a car that most people have never heard of , looked as if it could be very unreliable & in my opinion is UGLYwas not a good choice hence laser blue exige!!!

Hi all,The VSCC had a Noble M12 running in the Pomeroy Trophy meeting last Saturday. The complicated equivalence formula didn’t do it any favours and it was set a target of 36 laps (National Circuit Silverstone) in 40 minutes. In the end he actually managed 32, more than any other car running on the day. Pretty impressive!I’m sure David’s TT Exige would have given it a good run but he wouldn’t lend it to me!Mike