Post deleted by Admin5

…suffice it to say mine won’t look much like an exige either, besides I hate the rear - it looks like a trawler’s stern…

Now Simon! It’s one thing coming on here and getting all wordy on the K, IT’S COMPLETELY ANOTHER TO START CALLING OUR CARS UGLY!!!

[color:“yellow”] YELLOW CARD!!! [/color]

Honestly!

Ian

The Exige is most definately has the aerodynamics of a brick… but calling it ugly

I love the looks of the Exige, but I’d really like to see what a proper aerodynamicist could do with it.

I suspect the Exige was styled to look aerodynamic rather than actually developed with air flow in mind.

As an aside, Adrian Newey was knocking around the Group-C paddock last weekend, he obviously loves the cars which is nice to see.

Looking for reliability ideas I’d say!

Although probably not from your car Chris.

Ian

Although probably not from your car Chris.

Don’t, I’ll burst into tears if we start talking about that

Don’t, I’ll burst into tears if we start talking about that

Tolerance dear boy, tolerance

I wouldn’t call the average Group-C car light. Have you ever seen a 962? Talk about brick [censored] house! They were built for 24 hour racing so most are heavily over-engineered, it wasn’t until the later 3.5litre cars came along that really light cars started to be produced, and we aren’t allowed to run those . They are proper race cars though and built to regulations that gave the designers something to work with.

Randy

Yes you are absolutely right Randy , he loves them because the are so near a proper race car concept - ie light. He loves new technology and just making things work properly too - when he saw all the coatings I use on my engines he immediately said " oh those are just now going into our engines" - these are the DLC coatings on valves, tappets, pins etc

simon

DLC coatings - who do you use Simon ?

I have a particular problem at work that needs a very very hard coating and we are considering DLC2000 from Wolf.

My concern is the temperature range these coatings can withstand - as our problem is localised very high speed plastic flow that is eating away hardened M390 material ( 59-62 rc ) that flow creates a very high local tempertaure - if your using it on tappets do you get high local temperatures ??

PS - This is a serious post