New Member, but well known Exige S1

Fabulous. Thanks for the update. Let us know how she feels and looks when back on the road, Bet you can’t wait. Hope all goes well.

Wow Marc. What a transformation, well done.

Keep the pictures coming buddy :thumbup:

I admit to looking at those photos and feeling a bit ill, however the result will remain an exemplary exige.

All being possible are you thinking of coming to Anglesey? It’s a pleasant drive from NL :slight_smile:

Wow. That looks fantastic.

yes it did mean some steps back from Johnefox’s end result at first. I had no idea that the left/right seating arrangement was not symmetrical. That meant among other things that the fresh new floor panels that John had bonded in, needed to be removed and replaced with LHD-versions. Also some of the centre-parts which John had painted orange had to be replaced by LHD-versions to get the best result . By removing among other things the pedal box, some area’s became reachable to do some extra corrosion-removal. I’m really happy with the end result.

Not much time today; weather was also questionable, but I did take it for a first trial run today :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Did you enjoy the run out?

Lol thanks for finishing it off Marc, you can drop it back at my house anytime this week :smiley:

If I do say so myself, you are going to have the best S1 Exige not only in Holland, but the world in fact :thumbup:

How did it run…

Superb, thanks for keeping us up to date. Car looks wonderful.

Small update on the car; haven’t been able to use it much, but the times that I was able to drive it, it put a huge smile on my face.

New APK (MOT) was challenging with emissions but worked out fine in the end.

Although almost everything on the car is (in my view) already perfect, the floor matts were still only a temperary solution after the LHD-conversion. recently managed to buy a NOS LHD set here on the forum.

And as with all things Lotus: It’s never quite how you would expect it to be :slight_smile: => The Velcro on the previous matts was exacly opposite to the ‘new’ ones so I have to remove/replace the velcro part on the floor-panels.

IMG_7162

IMG_3563

IMG_1814

Thanks for the update, keep in touch😎

Welcome Marc, hope to see you at vdk some day. Lovely car. So now we are 8 in Holland?

//René

Shame you can’t enjoy it fully Marc, only a matter of time now. I can still hear the engine ringing in my ears, guaranteed smile ear to ear :sunglasses:

Nice topic and car collection. Glad to see more Lotus cars on the Dutch road.