New Garage Build

Looks same size and layout as mine so the good news is you can get and Elise, Exige and Evora in :thumbup:

Only problem is I’ll have nothing left to buy a couple of stablemates for the the Exige :laughing:

Quality work

Last few pics before the roof goes on…

No messing there! Garage will be huge.

Top job! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing cars in situ

Looking good…you can’t beat a proper double skin with insulation! Mine is the same - probably better build quality than a lot of new houses (sometimes I think I might just move into it…)

So I’ve listened to advice and stuck with having a couple of Velux’s for some natural light. Just up spec’d them a bit and gone for the larger size (PK08 940mm x 1400mm). They’re also aligned with the centre line of each door to satisfy my mild OCD.

Andy, I think you’ll agree they’re going to be ‘Massive’… :smiley:

Roof structure is coming along nicely, just waiting patiently for the delivery of more bricks to finish the gable ends and boundary wall. :thumbup:

I am going to refrain from commenting

Once again, looking good👍

Brickwork on the new boundary wall complete, just waiting for delivery of the coping stone. Not too much progress with the roof, but hopefully get it finished in the next few weeks so I can post another exciting update! :laughing:

Velux windows have arrived, really glad I went for the larger size, can’t wait to see them installed. They’ll just have to keep the car company until the weather picks up!

I do like a build thread. It doesnt matter if its cars or bricks!

It is quite satisfying isn’t it? Also, and I mention this a fair bit but it’s good when folk post their work online, detailed threads are a cracking read. I’m looking at the current crop of threaders on here, too many to mention :clap:

I don’t want to derail this but I’ve documented my budget big shed/garage build elsewhere and could post up the story here if people are interested.

Excellent work.
Loving the brickwork

I’m all up for seeing more build threads, get them posted! :thumbup:

Really keen to see how you’ve all kitted out your garages/workshops (storage solutions, flooring, lighting, lifts etc.). I’ve been looking into an epoxy floor, but after receiving quotes up to £5k, I think I’ll revert to ceramic tiles on a solid bed of adhesive!

I’ll credit to the Brickies, they’re doing a great job. Went for MBS handmade bricks with a cement/lime mix mortar for a more traditional/rustic look, coming along nicely…

Yes!

Tricky sticking anything of a decent size onto the front of a town house and without upsetting the neighbours or the wife.
I had a floated concrete floor and 2 pack epoxy from Watco. It’s a working garage and although the paint is now soiled and oiled it has not lifted at all. Thoroughly recommend. I think it was £120 per tin and needed 2 tins.
The pit and the lift both excellent additions.

Cracking progress :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the photos Graeme, you’ve got the best of both worlds having a pit and 4-post lift. Would you recommend SJR lifts, I’m considering getting one from them?

Loving the massive Lotus sign in the background! thumbup: