Limitations of stock internals?

[quote=ade]you can run as small as a 2.5" pulley but you are then running just above its max RPM at 8k rpm, I am going to try a 2.6 and 2.7" pulley and see what difference there is in power, but I will probably stick with the 2.7"

not convinced by the 1320 harrop as I feel it is a bit large for the job and doesn’t give the low down performance results sadly [/quote]

Why do you think the harrop is too large? I’ve been in a couple of harrop cars, and they are quit impressive! You do loose the superhcarge whine though…

Not sure about running smaller than 2.8" with the MP62…I think its pushing it a bit far. I’ve got the calcs somewhere, I’ll have to dig them out.

Well if I find it doesn’t work out, I might well try the harrop, is there an easy conversion kit out there?

Speak to Hoffmans.

The car is fine with a 2.5 pulley since I’ve been running it for 6 yrs.
And the TVS1320 is too big for a 1.8 ltr. fact …

[quote=frank]The car is fine with a 2.5 pulley since I’ve been running it for 6 yrs.
And the TVS1320 is too big for a 1.8 ltr. fact … [/quote]

Not my experience…but not going to argue with you. The MP562 is enough to push the limits of the stock engine eanyway.

Top be fair, the Magnuson R900 (fitted to the new elise s) is probably the one to watch. Slightly smaller than the MP62, but much more efficient!

It was what I was thinking of, same boost less parasitic losses = more HP :wink:

[quote=ade]
It was what I was thinking of, same boost less parasitic losses = more HP = more teeth shredded :wink: [/quote]
EFA :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Will someone please tell me what to do with our gearboxes ??

Mine still works :wink: not sure what everyones problem is to be honest…

Mine works fine too :smiley:

Maybe you two should put some proper torque thro em then !
:smiley: :wink: :smiley:

To be fair Jubu are rated to 295ftlb which would equate to well over 400bhp in a sc exige.

Well my gearbox is now less than happy and looks like rebuild or replacement required :cry:

Whats up with it?

Grates when going into 3rd. Aweful when cold but ok when hot if change gently.
Does this sound like the dreaded problem?

[quote=6970K]Grates when going into 3rd. Aweful when cold but ok when hot if change gently.
Does this sound like the dreaded problem? [/quote]

Not power related that - Syncro at worst. Is it when going from 2-3, or 4-3?

Worth adjusting the gear linkage as mine started doing this on a freshly built box.

Does it both 2-3 and 4-3 but also 3-4 is not prefect or maybe I am getting paranoid.
Not bad when warm and did Anglesey last friday but was very gentle with it. (ooh err).
Think could need adjustment then? Please say yes :wink:

Oh it has CN 260 kit which is why I though was the increased power knackered it.

Sound like adjustment. If it was syncro its more likely to go on say just 4-3, not 2-3 also.

Best way to check if its syncros is to double clutch the change going up and down the gears (steve mcqueen style lol) to see if it still does it.

The power related failures are when the teeth have been stripped on the 3rd gear cog. You’ll know when this happens as you’ll have no drive in 3rd at all and it will sound like a bag of nails has been poured into your g/box!

Will give that a go tonight.

Thanks for help.