IMPORTANT : Exiges 2017 Event

I vote for a spa trip. Not that I have a lotus at the minute, I’m not sure what I’ll be driving by next year though.

Maybe a Clio? :laughing:

Thanks for the response guys, 39 so far!

Please complete the survey if you’ve not already.

Thanks guys 41 responses.

Here are the main headlines :

1. Still great support for our annual day with 15% new faces and over half seeing it as the must-attend event that they make every effort to get. I’m pretty confident that we’ll raise numbers inline with previous years.
  1. Over half want to return to Anglesey on Good Friday, a quarter want Anglesey on a different date and the remainder is split between an Easter date somewhere else and another date somewhere else. Unsurprisingly there was a fair spread of opinion but a clear majority.

2. As far as use of BaT for TDO then there’s still strong support with 65% wanting to see them return with 12.5% favouring an alternate and 22.5% not being especially bothered. I know that if we do use BaT then things like paying for 2nd drivers is the main bone of contention (BaT have donated the pax fees they levy to our charity for the last few years).

3. When it comes to going to a different track there really was not a clear trend apart from perhaps Oulton Park or Donny looking to be the most favoured and Castle Combe being the least. As has been pointed out on this thread noise is anyway the key consideration for us when picking a venue.

4. Regarding Spa I was surprised that about three quarters were up for it. Looking at the comments this option would be quite price sensitive for both the trackday/transport. We need to be aware that the exchange-rate won’t help.

So please bear with me for a bit while I turn this sentiment into two or maybe three concrete options,…I’m on it!

Good stuff Ben, appreciate all your efforts!

Hear, hear!

Yeah, fair play Ben!!

yeah thanks for the work going on in background Ben …

Survey completed!

Is it time for the Exiges.com day yet? :smiley:

Sorry I’m being thick but where is the survey to reply to? Viewing via an iPad, do I need to do so via a PC?

On page 1 :slight_smile:

Yeah have been looking on 1st page can’t see anything… Maybe it’s my iPad view?

Just click the text below, it’s a link to the survey…

Exiges 2017 Event Survey

Done. I can see the links via my phone. Spa sounds great, not been there in 5 years. Amazing in a Lotus.

Will seek to join wherever in 2017.

Done

Done.
Having never attended, option 4 left blank as can’t comment.

Done

OK so long overdue an update :

As TDO’s sort out their 2017 calendars the picture is becoming clearer. Someone had already taken our Good Friday Anglesey slot so I was preparing a couple of alternatives. Then Jonny just emailed me to let me know that they’d pulled it out the bag and managed to swap another date with the other operator to get our usual date again.

I checked the survey and even though we’re up to 60 responses (great response thanks guys), really the position has changed little from the one I outlined earlier in the thread (from 40 responses). The majority still want to do Anglesey on Good Friday and are happy with BaT.

I’m still sorting out the details but had to make a pretty snap decision when the swap option came up and have tentatively accepted. As part of the swap we definitely will NOT get that date/venue next year so without a doubt 2018 will have to be something different. I hope all those who wanted something different feel I made the right decision,…reaching consensus is hard across such a broad community.

I hope I’ll have all the details and booking will be open next week. I for one can’t wait to make the pilgrimage again, especially knowing that it will be all change for the following year. Early signs too that we’ll have a good few new faces experiencing their first exiges.com day which is great news.

Watch this space,…put Friday 14th April 2017 in your diaries and start getting excited :thumbup:

:thumbup: :clap:

Ben,

Looks like an excellent outcome. Well done Ben and Jonny L. One more bash at Anglesey has got to be good and maybe we can present some options to the attendees and get some direct input for 2018.

Double header at Hethel and Snetterton would get my vote, I can visit my mum as well.

Keith

Awesome news :slight_smile: