Flooding

i thought Nick Adams had gone on to correct this post and state that no such beastie as a twin pipe sports exhaust actually existed???

Guys, what is the benefit of disconnecting the wheel speed sensor ? Is this just to make the car pop and bang a lot more ?For what it’s worth, I have the 190 kit, no cat, supersports exhaust etc…, and my car doesn’t bang, pop, crack or fart at all on the overrun. Bloody quick though.

quote:Originally posted by Ken Pegg:No it certainly isn’t. It is indicative of a fuel mixture igniting in your exhaust. This could be due to poorly seated exhaust valve, burnt exhaust valve, timing out, no spark in cylinder and unburnt fuel mixture being ignited in hot exhaust. Have it investigated, because it can amongst other things split the silencer.Cheers Ken,I’ll get it checked when it the car goes in on Thursday to get:1) The passenger door fitted properly so it doesn’t scrape paint off the body.2) The passenger door window fitted properly so it doesn’t wobble/leak so much.3) The idle speed attended to.4) The fan switch fixed so the car doesn’t overheat in traffic.5) Whatever is wrong sorted so the temperature doesn’t drop by 30 degrees when I go fast.Why are there always so many things wrong with my car ? [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]

BrendanLet us know about the backfiring of the exhaust as mine does it to. A couple of time it has been so loud I have had to replace my underpants.Tim

quote:Originally posted by Paws:Consumption AND performance differences. All right - my consumption figures seem to be the worst of us all (20 mpg or about 12 l / 100 km for an unmodified engine). But I seem to be the only one having about ten to fifteen minutes of uninterrupted topspeed every day. That also seems to be the reason, that the engine eats up oil like kiddies do candy. By the way - I ordered the ELISE supersports exhaust (twin pipes!) yesterday. According to Nick Adams’ posting on the Lotus Life BBS it offers even more noise and reduced backpressure than the Exige’s part. We’ll see. I’ll keep you informed…hey marcus, nice one…what about the German coppers???erm… have you done a deal with 'em???he-he…

I’ll risk it… and try to argue my butt out when stopped. You know, officer, OF course I will follow you to have a noise and emissions test, but UNFORTUNATELY my exhaust has a large crack in it due to a very nasty misfire… OF COURSE the spare part is already ordered and NEXT WEEK, the problem will be fixed - and THEN I will drive straight to the checkup… I promise! Noooo! This is not an illegal exhaust! How could you think! This is a company car - and it is on leasing too! No one would EVER dare to alter it’s original setup… blahblahblah… [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]Worth a try, I think!

quote:Originally posted by Brendan: Cheers Ken,I’ll get it checked when it the car goes in on Thursday to get:…5) Whatever is wrong sorted so the temperature doesn’t drop by 30 degrees when I go fast.Brendan - when you find out what is causing this could you let me know? Mine does the same and it has been to Kings in Warwick twice (once to replace the temp sender) and they have still not sorted it [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/mad.gif[/image]Many thanksRob