Exige S2 Tyres

Rob C on SELOC had a full set put on his Sport 160 for less than �400. I know that the AO48’s are a specific tyre and compound for the Exige but even if the Toyos are 9/10ths as good as the Yokos, less than �400 for a full set is going to be very tempting.

Got the tyres fitted, what a nightmare. After waiting and waitng a bloke came through and said they were nearly done, 5 mins later another bloke came through and said they were having trouble getting the tyres on then told 15 mins blah blah blah. Over an hour later, I got my car back with 2 new rear tyres for the bargain price of �390. Got the impression nobody knew how to put the bloody things on.

Still they cleaned my car and made me legal.

…if the Toyos are 9/10ths as good as the Yokos…

Perhaps in the wet. Ask those who’ve tried them and I suspect they’ll say 6 or 7 tenths other than that.

�390? Am I just bad at maths or is �140 x 2 not �280? (maybe you pay extra for the “Over an hour later” bit!)

FWIW - I have just swapped a set of worn A048’s on my S1 for Proxes T1-R’s as I do all road miles (too Gay to track yet). Got em for �317 inc VAT fitted.

Drove away and wanted to drive it up a lane and set fire to it! They have improved over time but in the dry cant be compared with the only ones the almighty himself would fit to his motor Yokos!

I know that the AO48’s are a specific tyre and compound for the Exige but even if the Toyos are 9/10ths as good as the Yokos, less than �400 for a full set is going to be very tempting.

Davey
I don’t think the toyos are near 9/10ths, wet or dry…

just my opinion you understand but they might make 6 or 7 tenths but no-way are they close to 9/10ths… otherwise i’d have em on…