Exige S1 coolant tank colour?

Must be heavier than the OE plastic jobbie, & what is the advantage of an ally one?

Discuss

Yep, seen the ones with a sight glass and everything else, I was tempted by a Mocal one but at over �80 compared to an Eliseeparts.com �15 they would have to be REALLY good!

I don’t mind admitting I OFTEN give in to BLING!!! LOL.

But the standard plastic tank is lighter than an alloy one, so that is why I kept it.

I know some cars use metal header tanks, so that they can pressurise the water system. I have seen alloy tanks with what is similar to a tyre valve in them so that pressure can be added!!!

I am gonna try and clean mine up though, so it looks something like Peskys

Sean…

I am gonna try and clean mine up though, so it looks something like Peskys

Sean…

I tried to clean the old one, but failed miserably

In the grand scheme of things, it was dead cheap to just get a new one, plus cap from Geary - arrived the next day

Discuss

HIGH STRENGTH - Standard plastic tanks can crack or split with age (especially on high powered turbocharged cars running lots of boost)

Made from lightweight alloy, which dissipates heat faster

Hi,

Mine was particularly minging, so I removed it and put it in the dishwasher, it worked a treat.

Hi,

Mine was particularly minging, so I removed it and put it in the dishwasher, it worked a treat.

Nice one

Hi,

and the family will be out of hospital shortly…they were only slightly poisoned

Hi,

and the family will be out of hospital shortly…they were only slightly poisoned

LOL…isnt it funny how a quick question about a simple thing like a coolant tank can lead to so many posts, thats what I love about Lotus enthusiasts and Exiges.com, it seems like everyone is one big family, its great!

it seems like everyone is one big family, its great!

Albeit, with some members of the “family” being poisoned by other members

LOL…some people will do anything to get some insurance money!

That’s a great idea

I assume there will be no issue with airlocks when refitting?

For the price of a new one from Geary its not worth the hassle of trying to clean the grubby one!