Emerald ECU

Hello bdrought

Just watched your video of the elise popping and banging!! sounds like fireworks going off!! How did u do that? do tell
I have heard u can uplug the wheel speed sensor but not sure if this would work with an emerald ecu!

Sound awesome!

“So going by this chart & calculations - I recently had my Exige dynoed and it was putting out 146.8bhp at the wheels (x by 30% gives 190.8 bhp as per the Emerald chart above). It is a standard car with the 190 upgrade. Is it this simple? The rolling road I was on suggested it was only putting out 178 bhp at the flywheel”

30% transmission loss is WAAAY too high. More like 15%, so yes 178bhp is about right.

Brian - how come all the Emerald charts that I have seen show a 30% loss though? I agree it seems to be high.

I have looked at quite a few for different Elises / Exiges done at Emerald - just trying to understand why it should be higher at Emerald when they are widely respected as the benchmark?

This is all guesswork.
First of all, if you have 146# AT THE WHEELS it would mean about 178 BHP at the wheels.
Which would mean about 215 BHP at the flywheel.

But it’s all wrong. That’s too high.
I say, if you’re going to measure for qualitative purposes, like to see if you’re too lean or too rich, go ahead, but don’t rely on the number.

If you want to have an APPROXIMATE idea of the power, then go to one that does the coastdown measurement.

The only thing I can say is that if you’re happy with your power so far, just drive the car.
And probab;y plan for someday put it in a proper RR.

aha, i thought it seemed all too easy to just plug and play! Oh well, a visit to the boys at emerald would be a nice day out. Im not looking for a mass power improvement, just want to get the engine running at its proper potential!! Thanks for the help fellas, interesting r.e the freelander remote thermo