Emerald advice

OK, 100% proof that it doesn’t cut out the inertia switch

http://www.exiges.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=28346&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Oh yes, I prooved that the inertia switch still works even with this setup (I installed my Emerald exactly to these instructions)… Unfortunantly the hard way but 125% definatly works

Don’t ask me how, I ain’t no electrictian! I just done the splice monkey thing and was over the moon that I’d actually managed to get the car running on my ownsome

Scooteroo

looking at these two diagrams and trying to make sense of it… mmm… haven’t been able to…

I don’t exactly see what Emerald are doing here…on the face of it, all you do is take pin 53 from Lotus ECU (presumably an active 12v when the ignition is on) and put the wire into pin 20 on M3DK - straightforward.

However, then they direct you to note 1 which is very confusing… do they want a permanent 12v feed for their pin 20 on the M3DK ? This suggests that the M3DK o/p is not an active 12v when the ignition is on but perhaps needs to sense 12v ?? I think you need to call them… then you can tell us how it works…

Because at the moment i agree with you in that it looks like they are asking you to disconnect the inertia switch by cutting the yellow/purple wire at the fuel pump relay

RL and Uldis already used these instructions so they must be able to tell us how they interpreted it… ehh…

Come on, can’t remember. Really!.
I just knoew that I had doubts and I called Dave, he was always helpful.

And I looked at the wiring diags. and just trusted them (rightly or wrongly), I ended up speaking to Craig from Emerald who was really really helpful! Said he’d done a few Exiges already (so knew the back pain it brings )…

But seriously man, I don’t know how, but the inertia switch DOES work, I found this out by crashing my car into a lamp-post… The engine cut out immediatly and wouldn’t restart… Then one little push of a inertia switch and it fired up no worries

But having a quick look you’re splicing the fuel pump relay into the engine management ignition supply… Which I think the emerald may not need (it get’s it power from another of the ECU feeds) so uses it to power the fuel pump IYSWIM… I think… But trust me, it DOES work

Guys, I have just found the wiring diagram I was referring to and where it shows the relay re-wiring.

Who can host a pdf file?

Ok, just converted them to jpegs.

Available in my Emerald installation page in bookatrack:

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pg?1884

Check the last three pics. Very easy.