Dyno run - sat 26th Nov - Brierley Hill, West Mids

hello Mr Lane jr

Hi Roxteddy…
JR ??? Me…

[/quote]Hey Mike, wouldn’t it be good to do a before and after run? with and without the spertrapp disks. [/quote]

Beat me to it Uldis - I think a number of people would be interested in knowing the result.

Hey Mike, wouldn’t it be good to do a before and after run? with and without the spertrapp disks.

Just what I was thinking !!!

Ticker:

1. Steve and Fi - S1 Exige
  2. Chris H - S2 Exige
  3. Dobbo - S1 Elise
  4. Sonya - S1 Elise
  5. Peter F - S1 Exige
  6. Scott Mac - S1 Elise
  7. Anth - S2 135R
  8. ChrisTurbo - S1 Elise
  9. Snowman - S2 Elise
  10. Ade - S1 Elise
  11. Steve G - S1 Elise
  12. Rus - S1 Elise
  13. Daz F - S1 Elise
  14. Sy - Elan SE
  15. Modman - S1 Elise
  16. Wayne - S1 Exige
  17. Maddog - S1 Elise
  18. Bernard - Audi S1 Elise
  19. Mike Lane - Audi S1 Exige
  20. Andy D - S1 Exige
  21. Jonathan - Audi S1 Elise
  22. Daz - S2 111R

That’s it I think. We could have a reserve list but can’t guarantee you’ll get on. I’ll post some directions nearer the time.

Gosh I’m getting nervous

What you hoping for? More power than expected = the car’s dragging you round the track; less power than expected = you’re a driving god to wring such fast times out of the wheezing heap.

Gosh I’m getting nervous

Just play around with tyre pressures - you can “adjust” the bhp that way

I’m sure that Uldis will know the optimum tyre pressure so that a 177 reads 177, & a 190 one reads 190

Only kidding, Uldis (PS Hope your family back home are okay after this weekend’s weather etc}

Actually, I use road pressures.
I know that higher pressures would give less rolling losses, therefore more power, but that’s hardly the point.

And no problem with the hurricane Pesky, my family lives waay up in the mountains to be affected by a little wind (Mexico City).

Now, earthquakes are another thing…

Uldis

Firstly, glad to hear that all’s okay

I was just being a bit “naughty” about rolling road figures To my mind, & I’m sure you’ll agree, they don’t mean a great deal, unless you’re mapping the engine, or testing “before” & “after” figures for a modification.Tyre pressures, ambient temp, humidity, weight over the driven wheels all affect the figures.

By the way, my car produces 200bhp on Mondays & Thursdays, & 215bhp on the other days of the week…

This saturday - 9ish onwards.

Ticker:

1. Steve and Fi - S1 Exige
  2. Chris H - S2 Exige
  3. Dobbo - S1 Elise
  4. Peter F - S1 Exige
  5. Scott Mac - S1 Elise
  6. Anth - S2 135R
  7. Snowman - S2 Elise
  8. Ade - S1 Elise
  9. Rus - S1 Elise
  10. Daz F - S1 Elise
  11. Sy - Elan SE
  12. Wayne - S1 Exige
  13. Maddog - S1 Elise
  14. Bernard - Audi S1 Elise
  15. Mike Lane - Audi S1 Exige
  16. Andy D - S1 Exige
  17. Jonathan - Audi S1 Elise
  18. Daz - S2 111R
  19. S Riches - S1 Elise
  20. Chorton_1 - S1 Elise
  21. Matt Dann - MkII MR2 (Dobbo’s next door neighbour)

Closest exit to Aldon is either M5 Jcn 2 or 3, depending on which direction you’re coming from as it’s kind of in the middle of both junctions.

Bacon sarnie man has been booked.

See you then.

Sorry guys - double booking…

Firefest 2 at Rock City - loads of bands and wife would kill me, so I’m not going to be able to come…

Chris will post all the graphs on MLOC soon, Brendan. But if you’re interested, here’s what your old beasty did.

180bhp at 7200 revs
140ft torque

Mine did the expected 176 BHP and 140 ft/LBS - OK for a 35K VHPD I think A 111R produced 179 but less torque approx 130 ish I think and a S2 Exige 184 again with less torque

Just shows if you consider a genuine 200+ BHP that it will be very noticable from a std VHPD …

Edit

Yes, I know the peak numbers are just that … however having seen the Toyota graphs you realise the need to keep above 6K …

Yes, ok on track … but ,

Where’s me ladder

Certainly would!!!

Off to get my cam timing checked on Monday hopefully, thanks for the advice today Andy. Convinced myself there’s a problem there with the recent work that’s been done in that area.

Cheers Steve. I guess that’s not a bad result for a VHPD.

Andy, you’re not wrong about needing to keep above 6000rpm but it does feel good if you can keep it there
Bring on the supercharger kits

I was there on Saturday aswell, 132bhp with 144 ftlbs torque
not bad for a standard elise with induction kit and exhaust