Data Logging - Donington

Randy

David Leslie was there as well last Sunday - seems like a nice bloke, but he didn’t know what he would be doing next year vis a vis BTCC.

1 min 7 secs - please tell me that this did [color:“red”] not [/color] include the Melbourne loop!!!

“David Leslie was there as well last Sunday”

And to prove it look here

In case anybody does not know what a GTP car is, prepare to be BLOWN AWAY (CLICK HERE)

Click on cars and then on the Nissan to see the full specs

800 BHP

David Leslie is a top guy. Really down to earth which is nice to see from a pro driver. I hope he gets a good drive next year as he deserves it.

The Nissan actually made 823bhp @7200rpm with 650lb ft @ 4500 rpm!! We don’t run it in the races at that bhp though for fear of all the ��� it might cost us! That peak power is at 2.2bar boost and we use 1.8 which makes somwhere between 760 and 780bhp. Or in other words…plenty. Trouble is getting all that power onto the ground which can proove interesting.

Are pics of P Whight’s Aston Martin on the web? I have heard a lot about it, but no pics…

My acclrmtr is stuck to the floor in the very back of the interior, right underneath the shift cables.

The springs are 550/600ft*lbs, & it doesn’t feel like it rolls much. Can’t find the spec on the sensor…still looking!

Beto

Sounds as if it is mounted OK, and with those springs should not be a problem…

I have some Notrons due this week with 600 and 650 lbs, so maybe I’ll find I can pull 1.5 G

But I expect it is just a difference in the software - after all the accelerometers only output a voltage, and it is the software that tags labels onto that output!!

I will ask the manufacturer what their view on this is, as well…

Only other option is for you and me to go out and draw a 50 metre circle and drive round and round at 50mph and then compare traces !!!

From what I remember Mike’s lateral G data seems to compare closely with my own DL90 data on the sprints we have done together. I consistently pulling +/- 1.15 lateral on soft AO32R’s …

conclusions … the standard LTS marked A048Rs are hard compared to the S marked A032Rs… much to hard for sprint use where the course length is a little over 1 1/2 miles - looking at the tyres after a run the tyres are barely warm and have very little surface graining and smooth to the touch. I suspect this will also have a major impact on the amount of lateral G that can be generated.

Does anyone know what the LTS compound is ? I presume is a road going compound and therefore has to be fairly durable / hard.

PS I don’t have an exige, but do have a lightly turbo charged but overweight Ford puma

Mike

You may have @No-trons@ but now you have Nitrons right

Doh

119 at the bottom of cranners is vgood. As a passenger to the very quick Trevor Gravestock running with the UCR and slicks he was getting just short of 120 at the same point. GPS checking my own spedo I found this overeads by about 5mph at 110, I had a GPS speed of around 108 at the apex of cranners just before a lurid slide guess that I found the limit of the tyres at that point. you also can get just a few extra MPH exiting from the apex and gettin the downhill run to old hairpin but by god you dont half have to jump on the brakes!!! I’m not sure how accurate the accelorometers are on the DL90 but if you turn them through 90deg you get a very stable 1.0g as you would expect. I have often got peak readings of 1.3-1.4 g lateral (and seen a lap of SPA in the exige with 1.4-1.5g) The motorsport elise pulls 1.8

I have yet to download the data from Aug 7th at donnington I will post the results when i get round to it.

I just tried my unit turned through various 90 degree angles to test it, and it read 1.0 or 0.99 in each orientation - thanks for a good tip… (why didn’t I think of that - doh!!)

I am about to fit Nitrons and set up the car with a lower ride height and properly adjusted geometry (with some help from a very kind friend), so perhaps I’ll be able to get closer to 1.4 Gs…

Can anyone explain just where the Motorsport Elise gets its 1.8 from, and how can I modify my Exige to get it ???

Can anyone explain just where the Motorsport Elise gets its 1.8 from, and how can I modify my Exige to get it ???

Let somebody else drive it

Only kidding, honest

Me!

The brakes would be too weak for you, U !!

Well you would need to upgrade them anyway sooner or later.
On the other hand, I could restrain from being out for an hour…

Hot slick soft racing tyres ?

After an hour, Uldis’ tyres are hot and slick !!