Caffeine and Machine. List of Exige attending

I’d email/call them directly, I’ve moved slots etc before and they are always really helpful.

Thanks, just sent an email :thumbup:

Anyone coming through/near Oxford want to convoy in?

Seem to be quite a few C & M threads here but to update my plans here’s the latest: If the car is ready after a trip to Ollie at Phoenix Motorsport, I will be travelling down on Saturday evening. Staying at Redditch North Premier Inn. Anyone else staying there?
If exige not ready will still be joining you, albeit in a large German autobahn stormer. Can park out of sight but will have ID to establish my Exige.com credentials.:flushed:

I’m sure Ollie will have it ready thommo even if it’s so I can ridicule your lemon :wink:

Alternative is…to find somewhere localish to C&M where more of us can meet beforehand then have a longer line of Exiges arrive….

I’m up for a pre meet. Not sure where is close and suitable. I’ll see what I can find, unless anyone has an idea.

1 Like

That would be great Palmergeddon , let us know if you find anywhere semi suitable :ok_hand:

Don’t you dare ridicule my lemon!

What about the new Lotus building at the Warwick Uni Campus at Wellesbourne? Only 5mins from C&M.

Only thing is, it’s not public so may require contacting Lotus or Warwick Uni for permission. There’s no barrier or anything, but a sign stating it’s not public.
There are a couple of car parks, or we might be able to line up along the small road next to the Lotus building for pics?

Great idea!

Good idea. Might be difficult to get permission, especially considering the timescale. Shall we just meet there anyway? Can’t imagine many cars being there on a Sunday - plus, it’s always easier asking for forgiveness than permission! Lol

I’m sure we can get 20 odd Exiges pretending to do a U turn in there by accident :smile::smile:

Or, we could meet just off the M40 J11 at Costa, then take the 20 min drive to C&M. Might not work well for everyone though.

I’m happy with either location.

M40 would work for me, J11 is where I’d come off anyway.

I think the Costa option would be best; obviously if people want to meet us at C&M then that’s cool.

If we said 11-11.30 it gives people a chance to grab a drink and then the 25 minute drive onwards.

I know the 12.30 session is sold out so I’m not sure how tricky it will be to get in with people maybe leaving…anyone experienced this before?

Like always, happy to listen to ideas/suggestions! I’ll try and send out a pm to people on the list later today in case they haven’t seen this. M@rk

Works for me. I’ll aim to be there for 11am.

Sounds a good plan! I’ll meet you there as that’s quite a detour for me personally.

As for time to arrive, 12:15 is about the earliest. Been there for a few morning sessions and seen people get asked to “come back in 10mins” when arriving just after 12.
The back car park will be pretty empty by then, but there’s always stragglers around the front.

One thing worth including in the PM to everyone is where to park. Do we want to try and cover the front ‘curve’ parking but likely to be split up by morning stragglers? Or almost guarantee being all together by going to the back car park on the grass section?

I think this is an excellent idea. In hindsight, perhaps should have asked Lotus in the first instance. Why would a manufacturer not want to celebrate the heritage of special cars from their history?
I think that sometimes we’re too British in that we seem shy to celebrate our automotive heritage.
If it was Porsche, Stuttgart/Weissach would be all over it.

Happy to meet at either location for a convoy to C&M :thumbup: