Anyone knows this one?

I can’t see that there is anything the TT can do better than the Honda

I’ve not seen 260bhp in a Honda powered Exige, nor torque levels nearing it. So that’s one thing it can do.

Have you driven both ? I have, and I can tell you they’re very different in terms of performance. (I’ll let you guess which is faster)

It will prove unreliable though as it is very highly modded K-series.

Let me get this right, you (someone who hasn’t owned one) are telling Chris and I (people who have owned one) that they are unreliable. Very interesting…

I think the TT coversion is great. Whats the Skyline picture for though David, is it an car of yours?

Yep, I owned that from 2001-2002, great car it was… in fact, I want to buy another.

Click HERE see the full gallery…

[image]http://www.planetpersonals.com/picdir/skyline/bentwaters2804/thmb/thmb_DSC_4220.JPG[/image]

I can’t see that there is anything the TT can do better than the Honda

I’ve not seen 260bhp in a Honda powered Exige, nor torque levels nearing it. So that’s one thing it can do.

If you read a bit further you will notice the bit that says ‘or the Audi’.

Have you driven both ? I have, and I can tell you they’re very different in terms of performance. (I’ll let you guess which is faster)

Yes, the TT makes more power than the Honda but not as much as the Audi can so my comment is very true. Again, horses for courses. I would be interested to see how they compare on track though as NA power is so much more drivable.

It will prove unreliable though as it is very highly modded K-series.

Let me get this right, you (someone who hasn’t owned one) are telling Chris and I (people who have owned one) that they are unreliable. Very interesting…

I know I don’t speak from experience of the TT car but I have heard of people having problems with them and simple logic tells you that it would be less reliable than an Audi and certainly a Honda. I could be totally wrong and they may well be bullet proof too but I, personally, wouldn’t want to take the risk.

What I’m saying is that the different conversions will suit different people. Both the turbo cars will happily produce more power than the Honda but there are downsides to the power increase especially when using a turbo to get there. I’m not trying to knock any of the conversions and I am sure the TT is an awesome machine, which has been developed by very bright people, but there will always be inherent problems with a conversion like that.

The Skyline is a lovely car, i wanted one just a bit short on cash though. Let me guess, the Skyline was not on standard power? Are you doing any track days in the near future David, im looking to do one to see how this supercharged car really goes!

The Skyline is a lovely car, i wanted one just a bit short on cash though. Let me guess, the Skyline was not on standard power? Are you doing any track days in the near future David, im looking to do one to see how this supercharged car really goes!

Well, it was standard in that it had been derestricted by a new exhaust/filter, upping it to 400+bhp… but nothing more silly than that… I’ve just sold me 360 Spider, so I’m on the lookout for another Skyline…

Trackdays ? None planned because there’s alot going on in my life at the moment so I can’t plan ahead too much and most BookaTrack days (I wouldn’t use anyone else) are usually booked well ahead or in Anglesey (gah !).

Get your car along to a track day ASAP… that’s what it was made for !

im booked in at Donington now for monday evening along with the Edwards, should be fun. You didn’t keep the 360 long? Didn’t you like it? Any tips for the track? There’s a 360 going Monday aswel which id like to see.

You didn’t keep the 360 long? Didn’t you like it? Any tips for the track? There’s a 360 going Monday aswel which id like to see.

As a rule I never keep my cars for long, usually 3-6 months. The Exige was an exception. The 360 was amazing, fast and looked utterly gorgeous with the top down - not to mention sounding awesome !

As for tips… just take it easy, don’t go out to break any lap records, learn from others… find what lines they’re taking, where they’re braking… Use your mirrors, and move aside safely whenever anyone is behind you. Donington is the best track for your car (IMO).

im booked in at Donington now for monday evening along with the Edwards, should be fun. …

Is that Monday the 5th? I might come along and spectate.

Yeah thats monday the 5th July on the evening session. Hopefully wont rain and will be fun. I wont be going out to break any records as its my first trackday. The edwards took me out in there Exige and i thought that was really fast round the track, i dont think ill be keeping up. But ill try. You kept the Exige for a long time if you normally sell within 3-6 months then David.

Sadly, this one (Black TT260) was sold… Does anyone know who bought it?

I was planning my finances to buy it… I was starting to dream!!!

I feel sad!