Another s/c S2

any ideas how long i’d have to wait for one of these if I ordered tomorrow?

Computer says April ‘cough’.

Tim.

cool.

altho… super touring pack will be �2000 (need that cup holder see)… air con another �1300… then it’ll need a tracker at �400… and a stage 2 + induction for �500… so thats �38200… given i’ll be lucky to get �25k for mine (54 plate with 6600 miles on it and all the above spec) then thats �13k to swap out of car i only bought last August

me thinks i could find better things to do with �13k…

[quote
Dont get me wrong either way you going to take a hit at some point
cheers Jamie [/quote]

Very true, and none of us bought an Exige to be financially sensible, so better to enjoy the car and not think about the dosh too much I’ll no doubt change my mind in favour of a Ragnorak conversion as soon as I have a ride in your car when it has been done.

Mark

I bought my Exige to be financially sensible. My S2 was dropping like a stone so I bought the S1 Exige to slow down my car depreciation.

Now about that Honda…

Where did you get the picture, Pesky? Got any more?
I’m not sure about the colour coding, but the roof scoop looks better from what little I can see of it.

Pistonheads have a picture of the back iof the car as well as the front…not sure if I like the exhaust but the rest seems OK.

I bought my Exige to be financially sensible. My S2 was dropping like a stone so I bought the S1 Exige to slow down my car depreciation.

I hope you really bought it for far better reasons than that!

[image]http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/pics/news/13118/lotus-exige-s-2.jpg[/image]

that would have to go

Was told March delivery, but March or April its well in time for Summer.

And that exhaust does look exceptionally sh1te!!

Holy … that is one ugly pipe

weighing just 935 kg

Err… how can you use “just” in the same sentence as 935kg ?!

Well perhaps they were comparing it to the MPV!?!!

So is it the same SC as the 240 cars down tuned to 220bhp or a smaller version, If its the same then can you just turn the screw up and get the 240hp as the 240 cars use stock internals?

Price doesn’t bother me too much. If you add up the 240 variant specs like induction and exhaust, ohlins, accusump, uprated brakes, twin oil coolers and all the frilly bits you’re getting up there.

This is what I was hoping they would do originally when they announced a supercharger. That way I could have then specced up as I wanted and done without the stuff I didn’t want but now have (A/C, electric windows, leather interior, remote central locking etc).

I think it’s a great idea, but just can’t help but think it should have been done at the outset and the range is all a bit confusing now.

Yep your right. My local dealer is confused with Lotus marketing at the moment as well. Was there yesterday and he was saying that Lotus said they wanted him to have three 240 cups. He said he couldn’t sell them and he couldn’t justify 130k plus of cars sat in his showroom over the winter and beyond. He sold two 240r and didn’t have people knocking his door down for more so he just didn’t have the market for them and with the introduction of the 220 he recones he would have never sold them unless he gave a massive reduction. He has had 8 enquires for the 220 in 24 hours.
Also another thing that struck me while I was there was that he had a demo 111r. It was in graphite with black wheels, red leather super touring pack, ltc…looked really good and the fed interior looked OK, but HOW MUCH…34K…He said he wanted to put air con ont he car but he couldn’t justify an Elise being 35k plus. He recones Lotus have got the packs all wrong for the Elise as they are pricing the cars out of the market and confusing the punters. An Elise should not really come in over 30k. I think he’s right. Oh and he has had two orders for the Europe…in his own words ‘someone at Lotus sat down and said thats a great design lets build it, they must have been having a Steve Wonder day’

Price doesn’t bother me too much. If you add up the 240 variant specs like induction and exhaust, ohlins, accusump, uprated brakes, twin oil coolers and all the frilly bits you’re getting up there.

Agreed. After the initial disappointment (new car to be delivered in next 2 or 3 weeks), I looked at it more rationally. If you get the S and add all the 240R goodies (AC/LSD/sportpack/supersportspack (though they lack the ohnlins, and some more)), at least overhere I end up at the same price as the 240. And that for a 220 car. In my book this new Exige is a nice variant to meet with customer specific demands (given you don’t have acceess to unlimited funds). You go for power get the SC. You go for handling, get the sport & supersport. You want it all…
Wondering if all the boxter owner will swith to the S versions with ac and a touringpack added at let say 38-39K?

Nico