Aircon...more Con than Air!!!

[quote=tim_marra][quote=Mikespeed]i can confirm that my 05 exige air-con does not make any difference to the incoming air temp.
Has anybody come up with a fix or had it regased ? [/quote]

A common fault on the early 'yota cars is that the pipes corrode just inside the sill aft of the front wheel arch. It can be fixed with an upgraded (rubber coated i think) replacement from Lotus. Expect to pay circa �600 . [/quote]

I had this done on Elise , and there is a mod to allow moisture to drain away , & to prevent the problem happening :astonished:

Kinell…
Ranting again ,but , having to 'mod ’ our cars to work as intended pisses me off !
…factory aircon should … Just work ?

[quote=jfk]Kinell…
Ranting again ,but , having to 'mod ’ our cars to work as intended pisses me off !
…factory aircon should … Just work ? [/quote]

Well , yes , it should!! But it was never the best car A/C in the world , even when new !!!

I find it’s main use is it’s good for clearing the windscreen on a drizzly day ! :smiley:

[quote=Podger][quote=tim_marra][quote=Mikespeed]i can confirm that my 05 exige air-con does not make any difference to the incoming air temp.

A common fault on the early 'yota cars is that the pipes corrode just inside the sill aft of the front wheel arch. It can be fixed with an upgraded (rubber coated i think) replacement from Lotus. Expect to pay circa �600 . [/quote]

I had this done on Elise , and there is a mod to allow moisture to drain away , & to prevent the problem happening :astonished: [/quote]

Mines going to PMS on Tuesday , for attention & recharge . :wink:

[quote=Podger][quote=Podger][quote=tim_marra][quote=Mikespeed]i can confirm that my 05 exige air-con does not make any difference to the incoming air temp.

I had this done on Elise , and there is a mod to allow moisture to drain away , & to prevent the problem happening :astonished: [/quote]

Mines going to PMS on Tuesday , for attention & recharge . :wink: [/quote]

Now AC sorted , what a difference :wink: I actually felt cold in an Exige!!

[quote=Podger]Now AC sorted , what a difference :wink: I actually felt cold in an Exige!!
[/quote]

Are you sure that’s not the Warfarin kicking in?

[quote=stevegreen][quote=Podger]Now AC sorted , what a difference :wink: I actually felt cold in an Exige!!
[/quote]

Are you sure that’s not the Warfarin kicking in? [/quote]

That would be a possible, maybe :wink:

now you’re making me feel bad… :blush: