Air intake question

Brendan, there is however another problem with that solution. don’t forget that the Exige has got a heating problem. so, if you connect it this way, there will be no cooling air coming into the engine bay. I had it done as well but we decided to play safe and disconnected it again. cheers�,Bruno

I did think about that, but I really don’t have any problems with heat. I haven’t done a track day an a really hot day, so I can’t be sure it will never be a problem.If I ever suspect it might be a problem on a hot day, it’ll only take about 30 seconds to pull the adaptor off the intake and return the car to near-standard.There is a hole in the bottom of the adaptor, so some of the cold air will leak into the engine bay. Whenever you close the throttle, all of the airflow will be directed into the engine bay for extra cooling.Nick Adams was quite happy to recommend fitting this kit, and he said Lotus would have fitted it as standard if it weren’t for the driveby noise regs.

hi theredoes anyone know the lotus part no. for this adapter as my dealer (motorway sports) sometimes need a little help!or maybe bruno would you consider selling his?p.s. excellent bulletin board.regards karl.

I went through the same as I ordered it from my dealer.LH intake adaptor part #:A111E0023KUldis

thanks for that uldis, i,ll get one on order tomorrow. karl.