420 bhp Elise

Ehm… Since when is performance measured in horsepower/torque?Don’t get me wrong, i have a great deal of respect for what Brandes/Duschow have pulled off… Very respectable! I’d love to see an Esthi rip up the tarmac on a track.[This message has been edited by PeeJay (edited 26 February 2003).]

Peejay,my thoughts exactly, I’d love to see the Esthi in the track (and have a ride on one, Ken [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image] )And I’m not that loyal to Lotus, I just LOVE my Exige.It is really one car that I’ll never sell.So much that if I was in Ken’s position I’d still keep the Exige. With the rattly engine it has (which is not a Lotus one, and not bad, really!).So, the lighter the car with a good engine, the better. I’d love it if the Farboud was cheaper.But I have to draw the line of lightness somewhere, and that is the Caterfields. They’re light, and they drive well, but they are soooo butt ugly. The Toniq-R does not look bad, though. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]Uldis

Sorry, I am not suggesting that horsepower/torque are sole indicators of performance. My assertion is based on other factors being equal or improved on the Esthi, for example the car still comes in at below a tonne in weight, hence the designation of Incidentally I had considered the Farboud as well (almost the same power plant as the Esthi), but I still think it’s early days and we have to wait and see whether it will go into production (at a price tag of �150,000).[This message has been edited by Ken Pegg (edited 26 February 2003).]

Ken, are you still out there?

I was just wondering if you have got the car already?

Delivery was due end of July. Because they could not give me a confirmed delivery date on the 1st of September, I cancelled my order.
Having said that I will review it again in spring and might place a new order then. Still got my Elise,Exige,E Type but seem to have lost the thrill of hammering round Dorset’s lanes. There is nothing on the market that particularly excites me at present.

Ken

sorry to hear that… i was really looking forward to hearing you news and reports… and maybe even seeing it in the flesh…

Hell, after all the talk I was looking forward for some pax laps!

Well Ken, sorry about the non-deal, but since you seem to be a chap that has no problem with funds, maybe you could take up racing.

And if you do start racing and choose endurance, and need a co-driver, drop me a message (hey, trying my luck everywhere )

Uldis